Monday, September 8, 2014

Let's do this!

A self-help book, that's much older than me, determined that a habit can be created in 21 days. Not sure science has backed that up, but people have really glommed onto it over the years.

Today marks day 21 of being back training 6 days/week and I'm feeling AWESOME about it! Fortunately, 2-3 hours of daily hiking for the past 5 years has kept the legs somewhat ready. But more important than anything, my head is in the game. This is huge since all those naggy things that have made me back off in the past (like the breathing issues, elevated exercising heart rate, chest pains, hip issues, foot pain, and the worst - the GI problems) are still very much around.

I'm being smart - the mileage is low and the progression is slow because I don't need any stupid overuse injuries to show up (especially considering how important a functioning body is for my job), but I can't help but want to plan some goals.

Will triathlon be in my racing future? I'm just not sure yet, but I do know that biking and swimming are playing roles in my training so it's probably inevitable. The one thing I do know: 140.6 does not appeal to me at all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? SAY IT!